First, From Fenix 🐺,
So OK you guessed it. I actually don’t understand the placebo effect, I’m a dog. But I do understand wishful thinking, and it works every time. I can Jedi-mind-trick my Mum into doing almost anything I want! Just watch. And if you want to unpack your super powers, Mum’s gonna help you unpack the Placebo Effect 👇
Love 🐾 #YourHappyCoach, Fenix xoxo
Dr. Zoë Lumiere
The Strategy • Unpacking the Placebo Effect
When it comes to the placebo effect, Dr. Joe Dispenza has a lot to say. In his research and teachings, he highlights the incredible power we have as humans to harness the placebo effect and use it to our advantage. 
The placebo effect is when a person feels better even though they didn't get any real medicine. It's because they think the “pretend medicine” or “placebo” will work.
The placebo effect is so strong that all pharmaceutical companies use double-blind studies to control for the placebo effect in their research. In other words, our power to just believe ourselves healthy, is so strong, even pharmaceutical companies acknowledge it.
Dr. Dispenza takes this idea a step further by emphasizing the importance of visualization and intention in the placebo effect. He believes that by visualizing a positive outcome and setting a clear intention, we can activate the body's innate healing abilities and experience real physical changes.
One example of this is seen in a study where patients with knee osteoarthritis were given a placebo cream and instructed to apply it to their knee twice a day. The participants were split into two groups, with one group being told that the cream was a placebo and the other group being told that it was an active pain-relieving cream. Surprisingly, both groups experienced a significant reduction in pain and stiffness, with the group who believed they were using an active cream experiencing slightly better results.
This study highlights the power of belief and intention. We can tap into the body's natural healing abilities and experience real changes in our physical, mental and emotional health on all levels.
So let’s dive into how we can apply the Placebo Effect for happiness in our every day lives. Let’s do it.
STEP BY STEP • Believe In Your Health & Your Happiness
Dr. Zoë Lumiere
The Steps • Believe In Your Health & Your Happiness
Do your best to truly let go of the limits you've placed on your mind, heart, and soul. In order to believe, we need to harness the kind of naivete, wonder, and curiosity we had as children. So do this like your inner 5-year-old would. And see what happens…
1. Take a few deep breaths and get centered in your body.
2. Close your eyes and visualize a positive outcome of happiness and fulfillment in your life. It could be something as simple as feeling more energetic and enthusiastic at work, or feeling happy about your body, or just feeling happy in general.
3. Focus on the details of your visualization. Choose a specific moment in time to anchor this experience. You might like to write down the details of this specific moment. But choose a very clear moment in time and then let yourself experience: What does it look like, feel like, sound like, and smell like? Be as specific as possible.
4. Now create a clear intention to represent the successful outcome of this visualization. For example: I have so much energy at work, and am easily enthused and excited about my projects right now! I just love my body and feel so at peace and grateful for my body just as it is. I feel really happy and fulfilled right now, I just love my life and am really grateful to be alive.
5. Repeat this visualization and intention-setting process every day, ideally in the morning or before bed.
Pro Tip 🏆
Share The Love 🤗
Thanks for tweeting, sharing, spreading the Love!