Being a Human’s Not the Challenge... Being an Adult Is!
Kids are free, happy and know the key to happiness.
So let’s take a break from being an adult this weekend, and see if we find our own keys to being happier in our every day life.
I want you to know that I’m never going to grow old. I’m always going to stay this fun-loving pup. Who’s with me in Never Growing Up?!?!
Love 🐾 #YourHappyCoach, Fenix xoxoxoxo
A Little Help Enjoying Life Again
Navigating the complexities of adult life often feels like carrying an immense burden of pressures and responsibilities on our shoulders. It's an undeniable truth that the weight of these expectations can be overwhelming at times. However, amidst this hustle, finding solace and contentment is not an impossible feat.
One powerful strategy that can significantly alleviate this weight is engaging in self-talk. By dedicating moments to positively converse with ourselves, we embark on a transformative journey toward lightening our mental load. Encouraging ourselves, acknowledging our efforts, and fostering a compassionate inner dialogue can act as a beacon of hope in the midst of life's demands.
This self-reflective practice allows us to recalibrate our perspectives, offering a refreshing shift in our mindset. Instead of solely focusing on the daunting tasks and obligations, we begin to acknowledge our strengths, resilience, and accomplishments. This acknowledgment serves as a reminder that we are capable and worthy, despite the challenges we face.
Moreover, practicing self-compassion through self-talk enables us to embrace imperfections and failures as part of the learning process. It grants us the ability to forgive ourselves for shortcomings and mistakes, fostering resilience and nurturing a healthier relationship with ourselves.
As we embark on this journey of self-talk, it's essential to carve out intentional moments for introspection and affirmation. Whether it's through journaling, affirmations, or mindful meditation, finding a method that resonates with our individuality is key to reaping the benefits of this practice.
So, amidst the chaos of adulthood, let us commit to carving out moments for powerful self-talk. Let us embrace the opportunity to shift our inner dialogue from one of self-doubt and criticism to that of self-compassion and encouragement. Remember, the pursuit of greater peace and happiness begins within ourselves. I'm eager to hear about your experiences and discoveries along this empowering journey!
A Step by Step Guide
Feeling Lighter Through a Break from Mistakes
You will need: • 5 minutes or more • A safe space where you will be undisturbed • An open mind and an open heart
1. We all know it can feel like a big job… being an adult. And there are many pressures and responsibilities that can’t just be ‘turned off’. But… for everything you can turn off right now (like your cell phone) turn off whatever you can.
2. Our responsibilities often feel so heavy and drain us of more energy than we want, because of how we relate to them mentally and emotionally. They feel heavy because we feel heavy about the negative consequences of not being a perfect, mistake-free adult. But what if we believed and truly felt that everything was going to be ok… and we knew that if we make any kind of mistake we’ll be forgiven completely… No exceptions? Let’s find out.
3. We’re going to give ourselves permission to forgive ourselves for every single ‘Adult’ mistake we’ve ever made. Any time we let someone down. Any time we were late or didn’t show up. Any time we messed up. For the next few minutes, just be aware of any Big Adult Mistake – and as soon as a mistake pops into your mind tell yourself: “I forgive you. You’re not a perfect robot. You’re a human being that’s allowed to make mistakes. I forgive you and I love you.”
4. It can be a skill to really feel and allow this forgiveness to truly let ourselves off the hook to really give ourselves a break… but it’s a really powerful skill to cultivate, and doing this practice whenever we make mistakes can change our life in profound ways.
5. Rather than turning our mistakes into more weight on our backs… we use forgiveness to keep ourselves feeling light, innocent and energized!
From Dr. Zoë
Lately, I've found myself contemplating the whirlwind of responsibilities that come with being an adult. It's easy to get caught up in the routine, constantly juggling obligations, and sometimes forgetting to take a moment for ourselves.
In the midst of this chaos, I've realized the importance of hitting the pause button, even if just for a little while, to reclaim some inner peace and rejuvenate our spirits. We owe it to ourselves to step back and breathe, to momentarily let go of the weighty mantle of adulthood, and just be. Let's indulge in activities that remind us of simpler times, whether it's enjoying a carefree walk in nature, relishing a favorite childhood book, or even taking an afternoon to embrace the joys of crafting or playing games without worry.
It's not about neglecting responsibilities or shirking duties, but rather about recognizing the significance of taking care of our mental well-being. Sometimes, a break from adulting is exactly what we need to return with renewed energy, fresh perspectives, and a revived sense of purpose. So, I invite you to join me in embracing a brief hiatus from our adult roles. Let's indulge in whatever brings us joy, tranquility, and a sense of liberation. Let's reclaim a bit of that childlike wonder and allow ourselves the luxury of a pause.
Remember, it's okay to take a break from being an adult every once in a while. Here's to cherishing moments of playfulness, rediscovering simple pleasures, and nurturing our inner child. Wishing you rejuvenation and moments of pure delight,
Fenix and Zoë 🤗
🙏🏼 Share The Love!
- Forward this to a friend who could use a little more Love and Happiness. I mean couldn’t we all?!
- Have a story about how Fenix has helped you?! We’d love to share it online! Email us @ email@example.com
- Consider donating $7/month for these emails?! So they can stay free Forever for Everyone! Click Manage Subscription → below 👇