Our best life is the LITTLE THINGS
Walks with friends 🦮
Good food 🍏
Hugs and Love 🤗
So prance it with me: “I’m living my best life 🎶 “
Love 🐾 #YourHappyCoach, Fenix xoxoxoxo
Delving Deeper into Life's Lessons: Reflections on Regrets and the Pursuit of Ordinary Happiness
In the realm of palliative care, Bronnie Ware, a compassionate nurse who tended to individuals nearing the end of their lives, unveiled a poignant list encapsulating the Top 5 Regrets expressed by those she cared for . These regrets serve as profound lessons that beckon us to reconsider the way we approach life:
- Courageous Authenticity: "I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me." This regret urges us to reflect on the importance of authenticity and staying true to our innermost selves.
- Work-Life Balance: "I wish I hadn’t worked so hard." A stark reminder to strike a balance between the demands of work and the precious moments that make life meaningful.
- Emotional Expression: "I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings." Encourages us to embrace vulnerability, acknowledging that expressing our emotions is an integral part of the human experience.
- Nurturing Connections: "I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends." Highlights the significance of cultivating and maintaining relationships that bring joy and support throughout life's journey.
- Embracing Happiness: "I wish I had let myself be happier." An invitation to break free from self-imposed barriers and embrace the pursuit of happiness as an essential aspect of life.
In our society, there exists a pervasive misconception that a grandiose, extraordinary life is synonymous with happiness. The allure of a bigger, fancier existence often blinds us to the beauty inherent in the ordinary. Perhaps, as Bronnie Ware's insights suggest, a genuinely happy life is woven from the fabric of ordinary moments, not the extravagant ones we might be led to believe are essential for fulfillment.
Brene Brown, a renowned researcher, adds depth to this perspective by sharing studies documenting individuals facing life-threatening illnesses. Contrary to societal expectations, she reveals that it is the little, ordinary, and seemingly inconsequential moments that people cherish the most.
Now, let's contemplate a poignant question: If you had just one moment left with your loved ones, what would that moment be? This inquiry serves as a catalyst for introspection, prompting us to identify the core elements that truly matter in our relationships and the precious instances that contribute to a life well-lived.
In the journey towards a more fulfilling existence, let us learn from the regrets of others, reevaluate our priorities, and embrace the inherent beauty of ordinary happiness. May we find solace and inspiration in the simplicity of life's ordinary moments, recognizing that therein lies the true essence of joy and contentment.
A Step by Step Guide
Embark on a Journey to Ordinary Happiness with this Comprehensive Guide
Prepare yourself for a transformative experience by gathering the following:
- A courageous, soft, and open heart
- A safe and uninterrupted space
1. Reflect on the Essence of Moments
Imagine if you had only one moment left with your loved ones. What would that moment entail? Dive deep into your emotions and visualize the profound significance of such a moment.
2. Envision Your Ideal Day
Now, consider if you had just one day left. What would that day look like? Paint a vivid picture of your ideal day, filled with activities, people, and moments that bring you unparalleled joy.
3. Embrace the Art of Slowing Down
Explore ways to slow down amidst the hustle and bustle of life. Recognize that moments of ordinary happiness are scattered throughout your days. Cultivate mindfulness to notice and appreciate these subtle yet beautiful instances.
4. Chronicle 20 Happy Moments
Challenge yourself to list 20 genuinely happy moments from the past week. This exercise encourages you to actively seek and acknowledge the positive experiences that often go unnoticed.
5. Identify Barriers to Happiness
Reflect on the factors that hinder your ability to fully embrace the happiness available in your day. It could be self-doubt, external pressures, or ingrained habits. Awareness is the first step towards overcoming these obstacles.
6. Open Yourself to Receive Happiness
Contemplate how you can be more receptive to ordinary happiness in your daily life. Adjust your mindset and actions to invite joy, gratitude, and contentment. Embrace the idea that happiness is not just an external pursuit but a state of being.
7. Pro Tip - Track Your Happiness Daily
Incorporate a daily practice of tracking your moments of ordinary happiness. Keep a journal or use a dedicated app to record these instances. Witness the transformative power of this simple habit as your overall experience of a happy life blossoms.
Incorporate these steps into your routine, and watch as the tapestry of ordinary happiness unfolds in your life. With a courageous heart, an open mind, and intentional practices, you are bound to experience the joy that permeates everyday existence.
From Dr. Zoë
Happiness IS the Ordinary Moments. And there is no better teacher of that than a dog.
Everyday Fenix helps me slow down and savor the simple little perfectly ordinary miracles that are everywhere.
Getting to wake up to him, snuggled into me… is a miracle.
Having an innocent unconditionally loving animal love you, the way they do… is a miracle.
Together, let’s live more of the ordinary and completely miraculous happiness that is everywhere, today.
I love you. Zoe
🙏🏼 Share The Love!
- Forward this to a friend who could use a little more Love and Happiness. I mean couldn’t we all?!
- Have a story about how Fenix has helped you?! We’d love to share it online! Email us @ email@example.com
- Consider donating $7/month for these emails?! So they can stay free Forever for Everyone! Click Manage Subscription → below 👇