Party… if YOU want.
Go to bed at 9pm… if YOU want.
Drink too much… if YOU want.
Stay in and watch movies… if YOU want!
One of the reasons we’re not happy is we don’t DO what makes us happy. And yes we need to take others into consideration… but next year do MORE of what makes YOU happy ok!!
And if you need permission… mum’s got the BEST help for your
Love 🐾 #YourHappyCoach, Fenix xoxoxoxo
Do What You Want
Think about all the things that you do each week. How many of those do you do JUST because they make you happy? Just because you WANT to do them?
How much do you struggle choosing to do something JUST because it makes you happy?
If you’re like the average human, most of your time will be spent working, or making others happy. And it’s hard for us to truly prioritize ourselves amongst all our responsibilities, to choose to do something that is JUST PURELY for FUN.
But consider this…“Play is the single most significant factor in determining our success & happiness.”1
And Julie Scharper writes in Science & Technology2: “Play might just be the most important act we can engage in. Depression, anxiety, and irritability are all symptoms of a lack of play.”
So today’s Step-by-Step Guide supports us getting really practical about freeing us up to do more of What We Want – of What Makes us Happy!
If we truly believed playing were the most important and healthy thing we could do for ourselves, what moments of play would we enjoy today, this week and for the rest of your life?
A Step by Step Guide
How to Free Yourself and Do What You Want...Today
You will need: • 5 minutes + • Pen and paper
- First, we’re going to get your playful, child-like, fun and free parts of your brain flowing a little more. So get your pen and paper and write at the top of the page: “I want to...” And now complete that as many times as you can. They don’t have to be practical, realistic or rational. Just write as quickly as you can. For example: I want to… • go to Paris • sew the dress in my closet into a skirt • play in the backyard • go to that new restaurant across town • swim in the ocean • see my nephew • paint a picture of the flowers in the front yard • watch Toy Story again…
- Next, we’re going to open to what’s present today. So write at the top of the page: “Today I could…” And complete it as many times as you can. Don’t make any decisions. Just write. For example: Today I could… • sew that old dress in my closet into a new skirt • go to that restaurant across town • go to the beach • drive to the park and have a picnic with my husband • facetime my nephew in Australia • paint • cook • garden • take a nap...
- Awesome work! Now it’s time to let your inner 5-year old choose! Ask your 5-year-old self to choose which they want to do today! If it’s something that requires more time than you have, either ask them to choose again, or check inside to see if you could make a little more time to have fun?
- Pro Tip 🏆 Schedule some play time on your calendar every day. Even if it’s only 5 minutes. Help get yourself in the habit of allowing yourself time Just to do what Makes You Happy!
From Dr. Zoë
I just wanted to remind you of something really special—your happiness matters a lot. It's not just a fleeting feeling; it's a key ingredient to your success in life and in taking care of those around you.
Picture this: when you're genuinely happy, everything in your life seems to fall into place. Your work flourishes, your relationships thrive, and you're better equipped to support and care for your loved ones. Your happiness is a superpower that has a ripple effect on everything you do.
So, I invite you to prepare for a little self-indulgence. It's time to let loose, relax, and infuse more joy and playfulness into your world. Seek out those moments that make your heart sing, engage in activities that bring you immense pleasure, and create a space where happiness is not just a visitor but a resident.
I want you to know that I care about you deeply. My wish for you all is to find that inner happiness that lights up your life and makes everything else shine a little brighter. Take care of yourself, embrace happiness, and witness the beautiful transformations it brings.
Fenix and Zoë 🤗
🙏🏼 Share The Love!
- Forward this to a friend who could use a little more Love and Happiness. I mean couldn’t we all?!
- Have a story about how Fenix has helped you?! We’d love to share it online! Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consider donating $7/month for these emails?! So they can stay free Forever for Everyone! Click Manage Subscription → below 👇