Love is the greatest power there is. Trust me I know. I’m a dog.
You humans have so much more power than we dogs do, but real power doesn’t lie in strength, it lies in love. And that’s why us dogs are so happy. We understand our power.
Are you ready to live with more power?! Alright then…
Love 🐾 #YourHappyCoach, Fenix xoxo
I might not have had a pretty life… but just watch me walk pretty 👇
The Greatest Power
The greatest power you have, in all of life, is that you are in control of how you respond to any situation. Life can feel hopeless and overwhelming, and it is indeed true that we are not, and cannot, be in control of what happens to us. But it can never take away our greatest power, which is how we respond to what happens.
One Nazi concentration camp survivor Victor Frankl discovered this power while facing the most extreme suffering and adversity. In his book "Man's Search for Meaning", Victor shares how he found meaning and purpose in life even under the most dire circumstances.
He writes about the ‘Freedom to Choose’ - the ultimate power we all have as humans, and he argues that even in the worst situations, humans have the ability to choose their response and find meaning in life.
Let’s look at how we can truly show up in more Power in our life.
Finding More Power in Each Moment
A Step by Step Guide
It’s not easy to take responsibility for how we respond to life.
Life can feel cruel and careless.
But the one power noone can EVER take from us, is our freedom to choose: our power to respond. It’s not always easy, but this guide will help you learn how to take back your power in the face of adversity.
1. The first step in taking back your personal power in the face of adversity is to recognize and acknowledge your feelings. It's okay to feel angry, sad, or frustrated. Take the time you need to allow yourself to feel them and allow them to be seen and heard and honored. Don't try to suppress them, as that may result in them unconsciously reacting to the situation in negative ways.
2. Once you've acknowledged your feelings, try to reframe the situation. Look for the opportunities and lessons in the experience. This can help you see the situation in a new light and find meaning in it.
3. Remember that you have the power to choose your response in any situation. Take responsibility for your response and choose to respond in a way that aligns with your values and goals. And give yourself permission to take any time, and any next steps that you need… BEFORE you respond.
4. Be kind to yourself and practice self-compassion. It’s no small feat to respond to cruelty with love, or to small-mindedness with a Huge Heart. But it IS possible. And it will require great love and compassion for your SELF in the process.
5. Finally, take action. Use your newfound sense of personal power to take heart-centered, constructive action. This can help you feel more in control of the situation and can lead to positive change in your life.
Pro Tip 🏆 Realize that facing the adversity in your life, with more power and loving, is a lifelong process. There is no rush. Be open to growing in incremental and gradual ways, the way a flower grows. You might want to journal your experiences too to help you be aware of what works for you. But most importantly, remember that Self-Compassion is the heart of finding this power within. You can’t force, push or pressure yourself to be perfect. It is through forgiveness and compassion that we find the strength to be loving in the face of any adversity.
From Dr. Zoë
I just adore creating these emails. And I hope they’re not getting too deep. Would you let me know how you’re doing with them?! If you can.
It’s no small thing to be talking about Concentration Camp survivors over breakfast Right?!
But it’s time to take our power back, not with violence or hate. But with love and compassion.
This world needs it more than ever, and most importantly, if we are all to have fun, fulfilling and HAPPY lives while we are here, we need to find that power of Love and Freedom within.
We love you. So much. Zoe and Fenix xoxoox